G. William Joyner concentrates his practice in the areas of general business and corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital financings, securities regulation and complex commercial agreements. He regularly represents public companies, large nonprofit organizations and closely-held middle market businesses in a variety of large and complex transactions.
Mr. Joyner also enjoys working with emerging growth and technology companies, both on the company side and the investor side. Mr. Joyner has significant additional transactional experience, including public and private securities offerings, economic development transactions, and technology transfer and licensing arrangements.
In addition, he often serves in a general counsel role for private companies and coordinates the outsourcing of legal services for other practice areas such as litigation, tax, intellectual property, environmental, and employment law.
Mr. Joyner is also a frequent speaker and panelist at CLE programs and other seminars. His recent speaking engagements have reflected the breadth and depth of his transactional experience, covering topics such as management of complex middle-market transactions, venture capital and M&A trends in the Southeast, and becoming an investor-ready entrepreneur.
Mr. Joyner is very active in the community and has served in many key leadership positions.
- Represented Hanesbrands Inc. in the acquisition of Alternative Apparel, a marketer of “better apparel” basics, in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $60 million.
- Represented a long-established supplier of seals, O-rings and other custom machine parts in connection with the sale of its business to a UK-based public company.
- Represented Miracles In Sight, one of the largest eye banks in the U.S., in its acquisition of the eye banking assets and operations of LifePoint, Inc., a provider of organ and tissue donor services to hospitals throughout South Carolina.
- Represented MedCost, LLC, an integrated benefits solutions company offering customized programs to help employers lower their health plan costs and provide more affordable benefits for their employees, in its acquisition of Virginia Health Network, a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO).
- Represented a publicly traded, NYSE-listed company, in connection with the sale of one of its business divisions to a strategic purchaser and the related entry into long-term supply agreement with the purchaser.
- Represented angel fund in connection with Series A preferred stock investment in privately-held biotechnology company.
- Represented a privately-held company in connection with a leveraged recapitalization transaction involving private equity sponsor, mezzanine lender and senior lender. Selling shareholders received a combination of cash, earn out notes and roll-over equity interests in the transaction.
- Represented a Chinese public company in connection with its equity investment in a U.S. venture-backed software company.
- Represented a towing services company in connection with a serial acquisition program and multiple private placements of securities.
- Represented a major institutional investor in connection with over 30 investments, with an aggregate value of nearly $3 billion, in various private investment funds, including private equity funds, venture capital funds and real estate funds.
- Regularly represents one of the largest U.S. professional associations on a wide range of corporate governance, commercial contract and transactional matters.
- Represented Bioptigen, Inc., a technology leader in the field of optical coherence tomography (OCT), in its acquisition by Leica Microsystems, Inc., a global leader in microscopy and imaging systems and a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation.
- Represented an early-stage nanotechnology company in connection with a Series A preferred stock financing transaction.
- Represented a North Carolina art museum foundation in connection with pro bono matters.
- Represented the Whitaker Park Development Authority (WPDA) in connection with agreements with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company for the donation of Reynolds’ Whitaker Park manufacturing facility to WPDA for economic development purposes.
- Represent numerous buyers and sellers of renewable energy projects in purchase and sale transactions.
- Represented ISP Sports in its acquisition by IMG Worldwide Holdings to form IMG College, an approximately $500 million business unit, as the leading college sports media rights company in the country.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D. (1996) Order of the Coif, cum laude
- Babcock Graduate School of Management, Wake Forest University, M.B.A. (1996)
- Princeton University, A.B. (1992)
- North Carolina (1996)
Rate : $$$