William L. Gehrig has practiced public finance law for more than 30 years as bond counsel, special tax counsel and underwriter’s counsel in more than 2,500 debt and related financings and refinancings totaling more than $25 billion.
Bill has wide-ranging experience in single family and multifamily bond financings, refundings, and restructuring transactions, non-bond financings, HUD regulatory matters.
- Passed Uniform CPA Examination, 1978
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1981
- B.A., with high distinction, University of Virginia, 1976
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Member, National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA)
- Member, The District of Columbia Bar
- Member, National Association of Local Housing Finance Agencies (NALHFA)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL)
- Single Family Bond Panel, 2011-2016
- Chair, Fundamentals of Municipal Bond Law Seminar Faculty, 1989-1993, 1997-2001, and 2004-2005
- Chair, Education Committee, 1997-1998
- Represents Delaware State Housing Authority as Bond Counsel.
- Represents Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation as General Counsel and Disclosure Counsel.
- Represents Arizona Industrial Development Authority (formerly Arizona Housing Finance Authority) as Bond Counsel and General Counsel.
- Represents Hilltop Securities, Inc. in its role as financial advisor and TBA contract provider to over 20 state and local housing finance authorities.
Rate : $$$