Mr. William Prickett is a partner in the Litigation Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP, and is Chair of the national Securities, Financial and Directors & Officers Litigation Practice Group. Mr. Prickett concentrates his practice in the areas of securities litigation, shareholder and corporate governance litigation, patent litigation, and other complex business litigation.
Mr. Prickett has extensive experience counseling and defending clients in securities litigation and SEC investigations and representing clients in shareholder derivative actions, merger and acquisition disputes, and other complex commercial disputes. Mr. Prickett devotes significant time to counseling clients on avoiding securities and insider trading liability and advising clients on fiduciary duty issues in mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
Mr. Prickett concentrates his intellectual property practice on patent infringement litigation, where he has successfully litigated patents involving, among others, travel products and airport security, oil and gas technology, recycling technology, dental products, laser angioplasty and encoded pay-per-view television technology.
Mr. Prickett has also been recognized in Legal 500 for Securities Litigation Defense. Prior to joining Seyfarth Shaw in 2005, Mr. Prickett was a partner and Co-Chair of the litigation practice group at his former firm where he had practiced since 1991. Mr. Prickett started his career at an international firm based in New York.
- J.D., Delaware Law School (1989)
- Research Editor, Law Review (Del. J. Corp. L)
- Winner, 10th Annual DiBona Moot Court Competition
- Outstanding Service Award
- B.A., Williams College (1985)
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section; Corporate Counsel Section)
- Boston Bar Association (Education, Business Litigation, and IP Litigation Committees; former co-chair of Business Litigation Committee)
Rate : $$$$