William Waudby, a shareholder in the Firm’s Birmingham office, has 22 years of civil jury trial and appellate experience, with an emphasis in products liability, chemical and toxic torts, personal injury, aviation, insurance litigation, business torts and commercial disputes.
Mr. Waudby has tried numerous jury trials in state and federal courts. Mr. Waudby regularly defends manufacturers of heavy equipment, aerial devices, industrial and consumer products, and manufacturers, suppliers and property owners in toxic tort and environmental litigation.
His engineering background gives him a unique perspective to combat many issues that challenge his clients, and their engineers and industrial hygienists.
Additionally, Mr. Waudby counsels companies on product safety, product recalls, and OSHA and MSHA compliance. Mr. Waudby also has experience in aviation matters, representing manufacturers, air carriers and airports in cases involving personal injury, premises liability and FAA regulations.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Vanderbilt University, B.E., Mechanical Engineering, 1990, magna cum laude
- Alabama, 1993
- U.S. District Courts of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Favorably settled a leg-off personal injury trial at the close of plaintiff’s case for the defendant-employer in a case of first impression regarding Alabama’s workers’ compensation exclusivity provisions.
- Obtained a preliminary injunction following a four-day bench trial, enjoining a former employee and his new employer from continued solicitation of customers and employees.
- Successfully litigated and negotiated inventories of asbestos claims in Alabama, Texas and Multidistrict Litigation for premises owners and product manufacturers.
- Obtained dismissals for Fortune 100 Manufacturers in numerous death and catastrophic injury cases alleging design, manufacturing and warning defects.
- Successfully represented a surface mining company, resulting in the Mine Safety and Health Administration vacating and reducing many safety standard citations and orders.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Birmingham, Alabama and American Bar Associations
- Member – DRI
Rate : $$$$