William “Bill” Lawrence, a shareholder in Baker Donelson’s Birmingham office, concentrates his practice in the areas of telecommunications law and business law. Mr. Lawrence has represented telecommunications industry clients since the early 2000s in a variety of legal matters, including acquisition, leasing, licensing and regulatory-related matters.
His telecommunications practice focuses on representing wireless telecommunications carriers in connection with site acquisition and deployment, leasing, network and facility upgrades, and wireless technology deployment matters as well as representing tower companies and other wireless infrastructure providers.
His business practice emphasizes the representation of private and closely held companies, mergers and acquisitions, the formation and governance of various business organizations, technology acquisitions and agreements, and employment relationships.
Mr. Lawrence also has substantial experience in connection with real estate and title disputes and in advising athletes and others in the entertainment industry in connection with various contractual matters.
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University, J.D., 1996
- Auburn University, B.A., 1990
- Alabama, 1996
- U.S. District Courts, Northern and Middle Districts of Alabama
- Represented a global wireless communications carrier in the disposition of network facilities covering 20 states.
- Represented a leading U.S. banking franchise in connection with its implementation and modification of a short code texting program.
- Represented clients on a wide variety of commodity transactions involving copper, aluminum, steel, and other metals, as well as gasoline, ethanol. and other fuels. Representative transactions include private financings, acquisitions, supply deals, requirements and outputs contracts, and general supply agreements.
- Negotiated and closed software and other technology/e-commerce transactions from both the supplier and purchaser perspectives involving software license and service and support agreements, software development agreements, website design and hosting agreements, hardware acquisition and services agreements, and application hosting agreements.
- Represented professional athletes, television and radio personalities, musical artists, night clubs, health clubs and studio owners, among others, in the sports and entertainment industries.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Alabama Wireless Association
- Member – Entertainment and Sports Law Task Force of Alabama State Bar
- Member – Board of directors and former president, The Over the Mountain Touchdown Club of Birmingham, Alabama, which presents the Bobby Bowden National Collegiate Coach of the Year
- Former Member – Junior Board of Directors, Birmingham Landmarks, Inc.
- Member – Alabama State Bar, Business Law & Corporate Counsel Section
Rate : $$$$