William M. Woods is an associate in Shutts & Bowen’s Tampa office, where he is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group. William regularly represents contractors, developers, design professionals, surveyors, and engineers throughout Florida in all areas of construction-related civil litigation.
Prior to becoming an attorney, William spent six years as a consultant at a boutique engineering and environmental firm where he managed all aspects of commercial marine construction projects, including commercial and multi-use docking facilities, marinas, dredge and fill operations, and seawall stabilization projects.
As a consultant, William also had significant involvement with issues impacting upland development, including delineating wetlands, restoring impacted wetlands and mitigation banking, and resolving endangered species issues.While in law school, William interned for the Honorable David A. Demers of Florida’s Sixth Judicial Circuit Court and the Hillsborough County Environmental Protection Commission.
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Florida Bar Association, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of South Florida, B.S., Geology, 2006
Rate : $$$