William “Bill” Michael is a partner and Co-Chair of the White Collar Defense & Compliance practice, a Co-Chair of the Global Anti-Corruption practice, and a member of the Health Care group. He is an experienced trial attorney with more than 100 jury trials in state and federal courts focusing on complex federal white collar and regulatory defense, civil and criminal health care fraud, anti-trust and complex internal investigations.
Bill was recently inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers, representing just 1% of the top trial lawyers in the country. He represents both individuals and corporations in these matters, including:
- Internal Investigations
- Criminal Antitrust
- Health Care
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- NOVA University, JD
- Gustavus Adolphus College
Activities : American College of Trial Lawyers
- Embezzlement from Union funds, bank fraud and tax evasion; (client was the President of one of the largest unions in the country).
- Insider trading;(client was a CEO of a computer software charged with selling $16 million of stock in a six week period).
- Revenue Recognition securities fraud; (client was former CFO and acquitted of all securities fraud counts after a 4 week trial).
- Money laundering and wire fraud (client was a former CEO and was acquitted of all charges after a 3 week trial).
- Health care fraud (client was the national sales director of a medical device company. After 7 weeks of trial and 60 government witnesses testified the government voluntarily dismissed all charges).
Additionally, Bill was an instructor in trial advocacy skills to Department of Justice attorneys at the National Advocacy Center.
Rate : $$$$