William Erickson has handled hundreds of coverage disputes under first and third party policies for claims arising from fire, explosion, collapse, design defect, environmental impairment, flood, and other losses.
William Erickson has litigated disputes concerning fortuity, reformation, physical damage, insured risk, insured property, exclusions, obligations in case of loss, extra expense, business interruption, sue and labor, limits and deductibles, arson and fraud, and fair claims practices.
Bill provides counsel and advice to cedents and reinsurers including review of claims and analysis of reinsurance treaties and faculty agreements. Bill has handled reinsurance disputes through arbitration and final award.
Bill’s experience includes reinsurance claims arising under builder’s risk programs, property insurance claims, surety bonds, workers compensation, and liability policies.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., (1987)
- Southeastern Massachusetts University, Masters of Business Administration (1980)
- University of Massachusetts, B.A., (1978)
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Reinsurance Bar Association, Founder, Director and Past President
- American Bar Association, TIPS Section Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Loss Executives Association
Rate : $$$