William B. (“Bill”) Nash is a partner in Haynes and Boone’s Intellectual Property Litigation Practice in the firm’s San Antonio and Dallas offices. Bill is a registered patent attorney and litigator with more than 30 years of extensive national and international experience in intellectual property.
As a litigator, Bill protects his clients’ rights and is often called upon in critical company litigation. He has handled major patent infringement, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, unfair competition, and trade secret cases in jurisdictions from California to Massachusetts, including the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) in Washington, D.C., in addition to those filed in the four federal districts within Texas.
As an intellectual property advisor and expert, he has broad experience in infringement and validity opinions, and he regularly helps clients develop strategies to avoid or minimize litigation risks.
Bill works closely with his clients to protect, develop, commercialize, and license a company’s IP assets, both in the U.S. and internationally. He has been responsible for more than 4,000 trademark filings around the world and has been lead attorney on more than 100 proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law, with distinction; Phi Delta Phi; John M. Harlan Society; Articles Editor, St. Mary’s Law Journal
- B.S., Ocean Engineering, U.S. Naval Academy
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 1990
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1991
Rate : $$$