William H. Ng represents and advises private and public employers in various aspects of labor and employment law. His practice focuses on defending businesses and companies in employment litigation matters and wage and hour class and collective actions.
In addition to his litigation practice, he regularly counsels employers on their workplace policies and practices for compliance with federal, state and local employment laws.
William works with a broad range of clients, including municipalities, hospitals, schools and universities, non-profit organizations and companies of all sizes in the manufacturing, retail, financial services, construction, hospitality and transportation industries.
He has appeared before state and federal courts and administrative agencies to defend his clients against claims involving : Unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, Wrongful terminations, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
William’s recent experience includes :
- Representing restaurants and catering halls in class and collective action matters involving claims of alleged minimum wage/overtime violations and improper retention of gratuities
- Drafting employment and restrictive covenant agreements as well as litigating unfair competition cases in New York State Supreme Court
- Representing companies being investigated by the Department of Labor for alleged worker misclassification claims and improper use of independent contractors
- Conducting internal company audits relating to exemption status and payroll practices
Prior to joining Littler, William spent more than five and a half years as an assistant corporation counsel and senior counsel in the Tort and Labor and Employment Law divisions of the New York City Law Department.
While in the Labor and Employment Law Division, he represented various city agencies, including the New York City Police, Fire and Education departments in employment litigation and wage and hour collective actions. In the Tort Division, he selected numerous juries and tried several negligence cases to verdict in New York State Supreme Court.
In law school, William interned in the district attorney’s office of both Kings County and Queens County. He also served on the executive board of the Frank S. Polestino Trial Advocacy Institute, his law school’s mock trial team.
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 2007
- B.A., Binghamton University, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Asian American Bar Association of New York (AABANY)
- Former Vice-President, Finance and Development, Asian American Bar Association of New York (AABANY)
- Founding Co-Chair, Labor and Employment Law Committee, Asian American Bar Association of New York (AABANY)
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Asian American Bar Association of New York (AABANY)
- Former Co-Chair, Communications, Young Lawyers, Government and Public Sector, and Student Outreach Committees, Asian American Bar Association of New York (AABANY)
- Former Co-Director, Joint Minority Bar Judicial Internship Program
- Former Member, Asian and Asian American Council, Binghamton University
- Member, New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$