William Sklar, a member of the real estate and finance practice group, represents developers and lenders. He assists them with planning, drafting, and the development of residential, commercial, and complex mixed-use condominiums and planned developments.
William also serves as regulatory counsel in compliance matters under numerous federal, state, and local statutes; regulations; and ordinances, including the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act (ILSA), Fair Housing Act, and Florida Condominium and Homeowners Association Acts. Additionally, he represents clients in real estate transactions and financing.
William is an adjunct professor of law at the University of Miami School of Law and a member of the faculty of the LLM graduate law program in real property, teaching courses in condominium and planned development law and a related drafting and litigation workshop since 1980. He is Director of the University of Miami’s Boyer Institute on Condominium and Cluster Developments.
William is board certified by The Florida Bar in Real Estate Law and Condominium and Planned Development Law, and by the Supreme Court of Florida as a Circuit and County Court Mediator.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 1980)
- University of Miami (B.B.A., magna cum laude, 1976),
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section, Executive Council Member
- Member, American Bar Association
- Real Estate, Property, Probate, and Trust Section, Committee on Condominium and Cooperative Housing
- Member, American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL)
- Member, College of Community Lawyers
- President, Genetic Information to Stop Breast and Ovarian Cancer, Inc.
- Richard Kann Melanoma Foundation
- Board of Directors
Rate : $$$