William L. Purtell represents mortgage lenders in all aspects of trial and appellate litigation, both residential and commercial. William has handled jury trials as a first-chair litigator; has argued cases in the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, the Ohio Court of Appeals, and the Kentucky Court of Appeals; and has spent his entire career focused on the needs of the lending industry.
As a member of the consumer financial services team, William regularly represents lenders and financial institutions in a variety of consumer finance litigation matters, including disputes under TILA, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA, FDCPA, state law UDAP claims, and a variety of common law claims.
William lives in Northern Kentucky with his wife and six children. In addition to practicing law, William has taught high school Latin, was a martial arts instructor in Japanese karate, and is a Cincinnati Bengals fan.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, JD
- Thomas More College, BA
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Kentucky
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America
- Ohio State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$