William R. DeHaan has focused his practice in the area of municipal finance since 1986. He has served as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, issuer’s counsel and trustee’s counsel in an extensive range of municipal financings, including general obligation, enterprise (utility) revenue, school district, housing, student loan, 501(c)(3) and special districts.
Prior to joining the firm in 2001, Bill was the office managing partner for the Phoenix office of a national law firm.
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law, 1986
- A.B., Economics, magna cum laude, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1983
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Drafted master bond and commercial paper documents for the City of Phoenix and/or non-profit corporation issuing on behalf of the City for its airport, water and wastewater utility and convention center hotel revenue bond issues.
- Bond counsel for City of Glendale general obligation, excise tax and water and wastewater utility revenue bonds
Municipal Swap Agreements:
- Primary author of Arizona Housing Development Finance legislation and legislation authorizing municipal swap agreements.
Rate : $$$