William R. (Mitch) Mitchelson focuses his practice on the defense of government investigations, internal corporate investigations, false claims act litigation and corporate legal compliance. He is the former leader of the firm’s White Collar Crime Group and is the current chair of the firm’s False Claims Act Working Group and co-chair of the firm’s Health Care Litigation Team.
He is a former federal prosecutor who has represented corporations and individuals in significant and high-profile government investigations across the United States. Mr. Mitchelson serves as the co-chair of the Southeast Subcommittee of the ABA Committee on White Collar Crime.
Following law school, Mr. Mitchelson served as a law clerk for The Honorable Cynthia Holcomb Hall of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. At the request of the United States Department of Justice, Mr. Mitchelson has spoken to federal prosecutors about professionalism and ethics in the criminal justice system.
He has also appeared as a legal analyst on CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Reports and in print media, including The National Law Journal and The Denver Post, commenting on high-profile government investigations.
- The University of Chicago (J.D., 1985)
- Duke University (B.A., 1982)
- Recognized as a leading lawyer for white collar crime and health care in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2012-2018
- Listed as a top lawyer in “Criminal Defense: White Collar” in Super Lawyers magazine, 2012
- Identified in the International Who’s Who of Business Crime Lawyers, 2011
Rate : $$$$