William Sugden is partner with the Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Group at Alston & Bird. He represents debtors, bankruptcy trustees, creditors’ committees and other fiduciaries, as well as creditors and indenture trustees, in bankruptcy proceedings.
Will has substantial experience advising parties on insolvency-related issues arising in workouts and insolvency-related issues in significant transactions. He also has significant experience advising clients on derivatives safe-harbor issues.
Will earned his J.D. and M.B.A. from Vanderbilt University and graduated from Kenyon College, cum laude, with high honors and distinction.
He is a member of the Bankruptcy Section of the Atlanta Bar Association, State Bar of Georgia, American Bankruptcy Institute, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors and Southeast Hedge Fund Association.
Will is also chair of the executive board that hosts an annual restructuring competition held at the Wharton School for top business schools around the country.
- Vanderbilt University (J.D., 2003)
- Vanderbilt University (M.B.A., 2003)
- Kenyon College (B.A., 1999)
Bar Admissions : Georgia
- Corporate Restructuring Competition, held annually at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, chair of the executive board
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, board
- Multiple speaking engagements on developments in derivatives safe harbor law before various audiences from 2008 through 2014
Rate : $$$