William B. Sheehan is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department. He regularly represents financial institutions and companies in connection with syndicated leveraged finance and other commercial lending transactions. His practice covers a wide range of bank finance, including acquisition-related credit facilities, bridge financings, general corporate and investment grade transactions, asset-based loans, restructurings and debtor-in-possession financings.
William has handled transactions for JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., Barclays Bank PLC, Citibank, N.A., Credit Suisse AG, UBS AG, Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and Teleflex Incorporated.
Specific transactions include the representation of:
- JPMorgan and Merrill Lynch, as Joint Lead Arrangers and Joint Bookrunners, in connection with a committed $40 billion bridge term loan facility for AT&T Inc. to finance its acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
- The lead arrangers under a $3.5 billion bridge term loan facility commitment letter with Marriott International, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- JPMorgan in arranging a $20 billion revolving dollar and euro credit facility for General Electric Company
- Arrangers, led by JPMorgan, in connection with an amendment and restatement of Arrow Electronics’ $1.5 billion credit facility
- JPMorgan in connection with a $225 million second lien term loan facility for Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.
- JPMorgan in acquisition financing in connection with Exco Resources, Inc.’s $1 billion acquisition of assets from Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- JPMorgan in connection with asset-based credit facilities for Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. and Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- JPMorgan in connection with a $375 million senior secured term loan facility and a $225 million asset-based loan facility for Beechcraft Holdings, LLC in its emergence from Chapter 11 bankruptcy
William received his A.B. from Brown University in 1993 and his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 1996, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. He is a member of The Association of the Bar of the City of New York and the American Bar Association. William joined the Firm in 1996.
- Columbia Law School, 1996 J.D.
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Brown University, 1993 A.B.
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- American Bar Association
Admissions : New York 1997
Rate : $$$$