William B. Smith has represented the catastrophically injured and the families of those wrongfully killed since 1973. For over 45 years, Bill has fought for plaintiffs, the underdogs, against major corporations, public entities and insurance companies. In his career, Bill has served clients all over the State of California, the United States, Canada and Europe.
William carefully selects his cases and clients, looking for those matters in which he can make a real difference. He then personally handles all of his cases.
In addition to the above, Bill is one of a handful of lawyers in California who has been honored by being elected by his peers to be a member of the four primary national trial lawyers associations: The American Board of Trial Advocates, The American College of Trial Lawyers, The International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and The International Society of Barristers.
- California, 1973
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1973
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1987
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1992
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California, J.D., 1973
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, B.A. – 1970
- University of Nottingham, Nottingham, England – 1969
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Former Chapter President
- American Board of Trial Advocates, National Board Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Chairman of the National ABOTA Civility and Professionalism Committee
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Cal-ABOTA President, 2018 – Present
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Cal-ABOTA Board Member
- International Society of Barristers, Former National Membership Chair
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, State Membership Chair: Northern California
Rate : $$$$