William Sparkman is a registered patent attorney who focuses his practice on patent preparation, prosecution, and related counseling primarily in the electrical, mechanical, and software patent arts. Additionally, he has filed and prosecuted trademark applications with the U. S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Prior to joining the firm, Will worked as an associate in the Houston, Texas office of an international law firm where he focused his practice on intellectual property matters and represented clients on a variety of patent and trademark procurement matters. Previously, Will was an associate at an intellectual property law firm based in Houston, Texas.
While attending law school, Will served as a extern for the University of Alabama’s Office of Counsel and studied abroad at the University of Fribourg in Switzerland during the summer of 2012.
While attending Texas A&M University, Will was an intern engineer at a civil engineering and construction services firm in Austin, Texas and studied abroad at the Santa Chiara Study Center in Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy during the summer of 2008.
- *Represented several Fortune 500 companies in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications relating to electrical, mechanical, and software inventions.
- *Represented companies in drafting and prosecution of trademark applications.
- *Counseled several companies on patent and trademark infringement and invalidity matters.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D. (2013)
- Texas A&M University, B.S., Electrical Engineering, Minor in Mathematics (2010)
- Not admitted in Georgia, practices solely before the USPTO
- Texas (2013)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas (2017)
Rate : $$$$