William J. Spratt represents large healthcare companies and private equity sponsors in multi-jurisdictional transactions, traversing complex state and federal laws and regulations.
A former healthcare administrator, he counsels institutional and non-institutional healthcare providers including hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, outpatient and urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, hospices, home health agencies, health maintenance organizations, clinical laboratories, radiation therapy centers, durable medical equipment companies, physician networks, and specialty physician groups.
Bill has a wealth of experience in structuring acquisitions, sales, mergers, and reorganizations of healthcare businesses, and analyzing securities documents in healthcare transactions.
He advises clients on virtually all sectors of healthcare, including fraud and abuse matters, federal and state regulatory compliance, antitrust issues, managed care arrangements, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues, risk management, and interstate and international transactions. Bill is Board Certified in Health Law by The Florida Bar.
Bill is formerly chaired The Florida Bar Health Law Certification Committee and has taught health law as an adjunct faculty member in the Master of Health Administration programs at Florida Atlantic University and Nova Southeastern University Huizenga Graduate School of Business and Entrepreneurship.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1986, cum laude; Moot Court Competition Winner, Wig and Robe Society Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy, Moot Court Board Member
- M.S., Florida International University, 1974
- B.A., University of South Florida, 1968
Bar Admissions : Florida
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Florida Bar Health Law Certification Committee, former Chair, Vice Chair, and Member
- Florida Bar Health Law Section, former Chair of the Legislative Committee
- Visiting Nurse Association of Dade County, Inc., former Chairman of the Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$