A widely experienced litigator, William (Bill) H. Sturges counsels corporate clients in all stages of business litigation, commercial litigation, employment law, land-use and zoning litigation, surety, construction, and fidelity. Renowned for his good judgement and practical and actionable advice, he litigates in both state and federal court.
Bill’s tenure with the City of Charlotte Zoning Board of Adjustment, as well as his representation of the Union County Board of Adjustment, allows him to gain insight into land-use issues and gain connections that benefit his clients.
Additionally, Bill is a frequent faculty member for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy. Bill is the co-chairman of the firm’s Litigation practice group, is the Charlotte chair of the firm’s Professional Development Committee, and is also a member of the Professional Responsibility Committee.
- J.D., cum laude, Wake Forest University, 1978
- B.A., cum laude, Washington and Lee University, 1975
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, past-Chair, Civil Litigation Section
- City of Charlotte Zoning Board of Adjustment, past Chair
- Charlotte Advisory Park Committee, past Member
- Charlotte Junior Soccer Association, past Select Coach and Recreational Coach
- Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont, Inc., past Member Executive Committee, Committee Chair and Board Member
- Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation Commission, past Chair and Member
Rate : $$$