William L. Sturman is a corporate partner and chair of the firm’s Private Funds and Investments group. His practice focuses on advising sponsors of open- and closed-ended private investment funds, including buyout, growth capital, real estate, infrastructure, secondaries, hedge, debt and hybrid funds.
In addition to sponsors of U.S. focused funds, Mr. Sturman commonly advises funds sponsors targeting investments in Africa, India, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Latin America. He also represents market leading secondaries fund sponsors in connection with the purchase and sale of fund interests.
Mr. Sturman also advises clients on seeding arrangements for early generation funds and has extensive experience advising fund sponsors and investment professionals on carried interest programs. In addition to representing fund sponsors, he commonly represents investors investing in alternative investment funds and family offices in connection with the structuring and implementation of their investment strategies.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., 1996
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 1995
- Boston College, B.S., 1988
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- Represented an international alternative investment fund sponsor in connection with the formation of a private equity fund targeting stressed, distressed and special credit opportunities in India.
- Represented an international alternative investment fund sponsor in connection with the formation of numerous private equity funds targeting investments in emerging markets, including in Africa, Asia, Brazil, Central and Eastern Europe, Israel, Latin America, the Middle East and Russia.
- Represented a sovereign wealth fund in connection with its investments in multiple alternative investment funds and its purchase of a minority stake in an internationally recognized alternative investment fund manager.
- Represented multiple institutional alternative investment fund sponsors in connection with the formation of worldwide carried interest programs for their investment professionals.
Rate : $$$