William Thacker is member of Dickinson Wright PLLC. Practice includes traditional labor matters, employment litigation and day-to-day counseling of clients on the various employee and labor relations issues that arise within their organizations.
Extensive traditional labor practice:
- Advises clients during union representation campaigns and elections as well as non-Board recognition processes, including the negotiation and administration of card-check recognition agreements.
- Negotiates collective bargaining agreements; advises clients regarding application and interpretation of collective bargaining agreements and, where disputes arise, represents clients in the grievance process, including arbitration proceedings.
- Routinely represents clients in unfair labor practice cases and representation hearings before the National Labor Relations Board and equivalent state agencies.
- Assists clients with the assessment of labor issues attendant to various operational decisions including plant closings, transfers, consolidations and mergers and acquisitions.
- Represents clients in various industries, including Tier 1 automotive suppliers, gaming and hospitality, manufacturing, health care and technology as well as public sector education and municipal clients and others.
- Assists clients in the development and drafting of employment policies and handbooks as well as employment contracts and non-competition agreements and litigates issues arising out of such agreements.
- Bowling Green State University, B.A.
- University of Toledo, J.D., 1996
- Ohio State Bar Association
Rate : $$$