William W. Hellmuth, CIPP/US, concentrates his practice on privacy and data security matters. Will works with clients to guide data breach responses, including by conducting forensic investigations and resolving regulatory enforcement actions on both the state and federal levels.
He also counsels clients—such as restaurants, retailers, entrepreneurial ventures, hospitals, and health care providers—on various matters such as implementing and updating privacy policies and procedures, reviewing domestic and international regulatory and legislative compliance, and assessing privacy and data security concerns in the context of mergers and acquisitions.
In addition to his privacy and data security practice, Will also has experience in complex commercial litigation.
- Associate, Baker & Hostetler LLP, Washington, D.C., 2012-2015
- Summer Associate, Baker & Hostetler LLP, Washington, D.C., 2011
- Legal Intern, Smithsonian Institution, Office of the General Counsel, Washington, D.C., 2011
Professional & Community Activities:
- American Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- LGBT Bar Association of DC
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2012
- Lead Editor, Duke Journal of Comparative & International Law
- Research Assistant, Duke University Center for Criminal Justice and Professional Responsibility
- B.A., Political Science, Bucknell University, 2009, cum laude
Rate : $$$$