William J. Wahoff’s primary focus is health and safety law, including OSHA on a national basis, workers’ compensation, Ohio VSSR, and intentional tort litigation defense. He has vigorously represented employers at several thousand administrative hearings, in numerous court cases, including jury trials, and mandamus actions.
He also has significant experience representing employers in federal and state court employment litigation and in labor negotiations. He has handled ADA, FMLA, and race, gender- based, Title VII discrimination cases, federal and state wage and hour matters, and has bargained with the UAW, Steelworkers, Glass Molders and Potterers, OEA and OAPSE.
He is liaison to the American Bar Association Section on Labor and Employment Law, for its Occupational Safety & Health Committee. He was chosen by the Chief Judge to present to the Federal Occupational Safety & Health Review Commission (OSHRC) Judicial Conference in both 2008 and 2010.
An Ohio State Bar Association Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist, he is also an OSHA Authorized 10 & 30 Hour General Industry Trainer.
- Defended a manufacturer in the rubber and plastics industry in Missouri on Combustible Dust OSHA citations that were vacated
- Defended a manufacturer in the rubber mixing industry in Alabama resulting in key OSHA Citations vacated
- Defended a national construction company in the oil and gas industry in Ohio on citations at a fractionation plant that were vacated
- Defended a regional restoration/construction company in Ohio resulting in repeat citations reduced to serious
- Defended a joint venture manufacturer from Japan in a wrongful death electrocution intentional tort case involving an in-plant testing machine
- Counseled employers regarding ANSI and NFPA standards’ enforceability by OSHA in the machine guarding (control reliability) and fire and explosion arenas
- Experienced in defending FMLA, wrongful discharge, ADA, and race, religion and gender discrimination claims and lawsuits
- J.D. The Ohio State University
- A.B. Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, OSHA Committee Member
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (Defense)
- OSHA Committee Past Membership Liaison to Section, ABA-Labor & Employment Law Section
- Columbus and Cincinnati Bar Associations, Workers’ Compensation Committees
- Ohio State Bar Association Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist, 1999-2017
- Issue Planning Editor for The Ohio State Law Journal
- Columbus Rotary Club Member and The Rotary International Foundation Chair
- Simon Kenton Council, Boy Scouts of America, Past Board Member and Past Volunteer Executive V.P, Operations
- Boy Scouts, SKC, Buckeye District, Past District Chair, Past Nominating Committee Chair and Past FOS Chair
Rate : $$$