Wilton E. Bland III who is one of the firm founders, has more than 40 years of experience as a litigator. Will’s practice focuses on maritime personal injury defense, maritime collision and property damage insurance coverage, contractual indemnity, longshore matters, transportation defense, and general litigation.
His clients have included both Fortune 500 and local one-boat companies, and he regularly represents vessel operators, both brown water and offshore, oilfield operators, and their insurers in matters involving personal injury, collisions, sinkings, products liability, toxic torts, and contractual disputes.
Will is known for being very thorough in his approach to each case and pleasure to work with. “There are a lot of good attorneys, but when it comes to litigation it is all about preparation, finding the witnesses, gathering the evidence and presenting it to the judge or jury as clearly and concisely as possible.”
Following graduation from Tulane University Law School, Will served as an Assistant District Attorney for Orleans Parish. He is admitted to all Louisiana state and federal courts, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. He has handled numerous jury and bench trials to a successful verdict in state and federal courts across Louisiana.
- Tulane University Law School (J.D. 1975)
- Tulane University (B.A. 1973)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Maritime Law Association of the United States, Proctor Member
- Risk Insurance Management Society, Associate Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Ports Association of Louisiana, Member
- Legal News Columnist, “News From the Docks,” Ports Association of Louisiana
- Fifth Circuit Symposium-Admiralty, 34 Loy. L. Rev. 599 (1989)
Rate : $$$