Wilton E. Bland IV’s practice includes the defense of employers and insurance carriers for claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, and War Hazards Compensation Act. He also specializes in maritime personal injury defense, insurance coverage and asbestos litigation.
Will is known to be analytical and strategic in his approach to aggressively defending a claim through to resolution, paying attention to even the smallest detail and turning things around in a timely manner.
He is highly personable and prides himself on his responsiveness to his clients’ needs. “I am more than willing to answer any question my client has, even if it is not related to the matter at hand. I am always available to address any concerns.”
Will has experience working in federal government, which gives him a unique understanding of the legislative process and is an added benefit for his clients. After college, he worked in the U.S. House of Representatives, first on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, then as a Legislative Assistant for a Congressman from Alabama.
He then received an appointment from President George W. Bush to a position in the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana (J.D., 2010)
- University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee (B.A., 2004)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- Member, Louisiana Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, DOL-Joint Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$