Winston Hsiao practices complex civil litigation in state and federal court, representing defendants in a wide range of suits, including class action securities litigation, shareholder derivative actions, tortious interference claims, contract disputes and fraud claims.
Mr. Hsiao also has represented clients in private arbitrations, internal investigations, criminal matters and appeals. His clients include companies in the financial services, pharmaceuticals, energy, automobile, education, real estate, sports and food industries. Mr. Hsiao’s experience includes:
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc. in securing a quick and low settlement of a putative securities class action filed following an SEC inquiry and short seller attack;
- Alterra, a Canadian energy company, and its CEO in a tortious interference action that resulted in a quick dismissal with prejudice on personal jurisdiction grounds;
- KPMG in multiple actions involving claims ranging from fraud, negligence and contract enforcement to constitutional violations; and
- Rory McIlroy in a lawsuit brought by Oakley, Inc., a former sponsor, related to an endorsement agreement between the professional golfer and Nike, Inc.
- J.D., UCLA School of Law, 2010 (Order of the Coif)
- B.A., Yale University, 2007
Admissions : California
Rate : $$$$