Cary has extensive experience representing clients in construction disputes, including: construction claims, environmental and other sick-building syndrome issues; construction liens; insurance coverage matters; risk management; bond claims; and other contract disputes. His engagements have involved bridges, convention centers, stadium projects, high-rise condominiums, highways, hospitals, and hotels.
Cary also has substantial experience in contract drafting and contract review including the preparation of owner-contractor agreements and contractor-subcontractor agreements. He also advised an aviation authority on its insurance program for a multi-billion dollar project.
Cary is the recipient of The Florida Bar Construction Law Committee’s 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award. He is also a Fellow in the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, where he serves on the Public/Private Partnership Committee.
One commenter remarked in Chambers USA, a leading guide to the legal profession, that he is “a great lawyer and highly respected by anyone in construction. He’s worked very, very hard, having published, written and spoken on it. I can’t say enough good things about him. He’s a great and highly skilled lawyer.”
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1990)
- University of Florida (B.S. in Accounting, with honors, 1985)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- American Bar Foundation
- Fellow (2015-Present)
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Fellow (2017)
- Associated General Contractors of Greater Florida, Inc.
- Advisory Committee (2005-2016)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Tampa Bay Chapter, Board of Directors (1992-present)
Rate : $$$$