Woodrow “Woody” Pollack is a partner in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen, where he is a member of the Intellectual Property practice group. Woody is Board Certified in Intellectual Property Law by The Florida Bar. He focuses his practice on litigating complex patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret disputes.
He litigates matters in state and federal courts as well as patent validity issues before the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board. He also counsels clients extensively in developing patent and trademark portfolios. He was also recognized as a Top Up and Comer by the Tampa Bay Business Journal.
Best Lawyers in America has named Woody the Lawyer of the Year for Trademark Law (2015) and Tampa Litigation – Patent (2016). And Tampa Magazine recognized Woody as the 2017 Patent Lawyer of the year. Woody is currently one of only nine lawyers in Florida who serves on the Intellectual Property Board Certification Committee.
Before starting his career in law, Woody received his Master’s degree in Computer Science from Stanford University and worked as a software engineer in Silicon Valley. He regularly applies his technical background to assist his clients in sophisticated software and other computer related disputes. He has represented clients in a number of technologies, including database encryption, antivirus software, medical devices and mechanical processes.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Member, Make-A-Wish® Southern Florida, Tampa Bay Advisory Board, 2018 – Present
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Litigation Section
- Member, Intellectual Property Section
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Leadership Tampa, Class of 2013
- Member, Leadership St. Pete, Class of 2015
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Stanford University, M.S., Computer Science
- Colby University, B.S., Computer Science
Rate : $$$