Wyatt A. Deal’s practice focuses on private equity, venture capital and other alternative investment transactions. Wyatt represents private equity sponsors, private investment funds and their portfolio companies in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and minority investments.
He also frequently represents venture capital investors and emerging companies in connection with financing transactions and related matters. Wyatt’s industry experience includes real estate, healthcare, life sciences, consumer products, energy and manufacturing.
- a New York-based real estate private equity firm in connection with multiple investments in real estate operating companies and general partner capital programs focused on urban redevelopment, industrial, multifamily and student housing strategies;
- a Northern Virginia-based real estate fund sponsor in connection with formation of a Qualified Opportunity Fund focused on the acquisition and development of keystone properties and concentrated urban assets in Opportunity Zones located in the Southeast U.S.;
- a Northern Virginia-based family office in connection with its real estate allocation, including multiple investments in real estate operating companies and multifamily development joint ventures;
- a Richmond-based private equity sponsor in connection with multiple platform and add-on acquisitions of operating companies, including its investments in a natural gas production and midstream services company focused on the Appalachian basin, a Texas-based above-ground storage tank maintenance and repair services company and a manufacturer of tanks and containers for the storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous materials;
- a Pittsburgh-based joint venture between a U.S. renewable energy fund sponsor and a Spanish renewable energy fund sponsor in connection with formation of the joint venture, seed financing and fund formation matters;
- a New York-based private equity firm in connection with multiple platform and add-on acquisitions of operating companies, including its investments in a specialty metals processing company and a direct marketing company;
- a New York-based alternative asset manager in connection with its secondaries program, including multiple portfolio acquisitions of secondary fund interests from institutional LPs;
- a Richmond-based alternative asset manager in connection with its co-investment program, including 20+ direct co-investments in transactions sponsored by leading private equity firms;
- a Virginia-based specialty health system in connection with commercialization of complement inhibitor technology developed in partnership with a medical school and a physicians group, including formation of a commercialization vehicle, licensing of technology and Common and Series A investments;
- a Dallas based health system in connection with commercialization of dendritic cell receptor-targeting antibodies, including formation of a commercialization vehicle in partnership with a U.K.-based pharmaceutical company and related financing matters;
- a Swiss consumer products company in connection with its corporate venture capital program, including multiple minority investments in emerging technology companies;
- an NYSE-listed consumer products company in connection with its corporate venture capital program, including multiple minority investments in emerging technology companies;
- a New York-based venture capital fund in connection with multiple minority investments in emerging data analytics companies.
- JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2008
- BA, University of Virginia, 2003
- Adjunct Professor, Washington & Lee University School of Law
- Virginia Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Richmond Bar Association, Business Law Section
Rate : $$$