Xakema L. Henderson focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation. She has experience litigating high-stakes matters in state and federal court and has litigated a wide range of issues, including insurance coverage and bad faith matters; data breach, privacy, and cybersecurity matters; and complex business disputes.
She has defended restaurants, universities, and an international automaker in nationwide class actions, including in multi-district litigation. Xakema also represents major insurance companies in connection with claims of significant exposure that pose extreme risk of loss to the company.
She advises insurance companies not only on related policy coverage issues and disputes, but also on overall environmental regulatory compliance and preventive measures to avoid similar disputes and mitigate future risks.
Xakema and her team have significant experience handling environmental coverage issues, including those involving emerging contaminants such as PFAS, PFOA, PFOS, and GenX. Before entering private practice, Xakema clerked for the Honorable Justice William W. Hood, III of the Colorado Supreme Court.
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School, 2014
- B.B.A., Texas A&M University, Finance, 2009
Bar Admissions : Colorado; Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Professional Experience :
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Justice William W. Hood, III, Colorado Supreme Court
- University of North Texas at Dallas (UNTD) Foundation, Board Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Young Men’s Leadership Academy at F.F. Florence Middle School, Site-based Decision-making Committee
Rate : $$$$