Xochitl S. Strohbehn regularly appears in federal and state court, focusing her practice primarily on complex, commercial litigation involving the financial services industry. Among other things, she has significant experience in high-stakes bankruptcy and securities litigation.
During her years of practice, Xochitl has worked on teams that have obtained significant settlements in litigation related to residential mortgage-backed securities or whittled down the liability of an insurer in a municipal bankruptcy matter.
Prior to joining Venable, Xochitl was an associate in the New York offices of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP and Jones Day.
- Representing a monoline insurer in litigation related to one of the largest municipal bankruptcies ever filed;
- Representing a large insurance company in connection with litigation seeking damages related to the purchase of residential mortgage-backed securities;
- Representing an investment fund in connection with litigation seeking damages related to the purchase of residential mortgage-backed securities;
- Representing a bank holding company in connection with litigation related to determining the ownership of certain securities and tax refunds following the company’s filing for bankruptcy;
- Representing two Madoff feeder funds in litigation brought against the funds by the Madoff Trustee, in which the Trustee asserted a variety of claims, including fraudulent transfer claims.
- J.D. summa cum laude University of Maryland School of Law 2009
- B.S. Finance University of Maryland 1998
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Community : Xochitl frequently participates in pro bono matters, in which she represents immigrants in asylum-related and mandatory detention cases.
Rate : $$$