Yaniel Abreu advises companies in complex insurance coverage matters. This involves analyzing the company’s risk profile to limit exposure and maximize recovery. Yaniel handles insurance coverage disputes involving directors and officers, errors and omissions, cyber and commercial liability policies.
He conducts comprehensive coverage evaluations tailored specifically to each client’s business operations. Taking into consideration the company’s risk profile, he advises clients on risk management and mitigation strategies.
In addition to formidable preemptive efforts to minimize the probability of unmitigated exposure, Yaniel advises clients throughout the lifecycle of claims. This cradle-to-grave approach ensures a deep understanding of the issues at play and allows for near instantaneous course corrections when necessary during representation.
In addition to advising and preparing companies in reporting claims and of their rights and obligations through the handling of the claim by the carrier, Yaniel also litigates insurance coverage disputes in state and federal courts.
Bolstering his coverage experience, Yaniel was in-house counsel for an international mobility company where he was exposed to a wide range of business and legal issues.
During law school, Yaniel served as a judicial intern for the Honorable John W. Thornton Jr. in the Complex Business Litigation Division of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida. Yaniel is currently admitted to practice law in Florida, the District of Columbia and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida.
- Handled a nationwide class-action claim involving defective products and allegations of misrepresentations that implicated multiple lines of insurance, including the insured’s D&O policy.
- Handled mediations of multimillion-dollar claims involving directors and officers liability, wrongful death and catastrophic injury.
- Involved in bad-faith dispute where underlying judgment against the insured exposed its assets because the verdict exceeded the limits of the available insurance.
- JD, University of Florida Levin College of Law, cum laude, 2014
- BA, University of Florida, cum laude, 2011
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$