A trial lawyer with extensive experience handling complex, high-stakes litigation in federal and state court, Yasser A. Madriz plays key roles in various multi-billion dollar cases filed throughout the United States. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants from a wide array of industries in a broad range of business, commercial, and energy litigation matters.
Over the past several years, Yasser has focused his practice on cases involving technology and intellectual property disputes, trade secret theft, and unfair competition claims, but he has substantial experience handling other litigation matters.
As a former transactional attorney, for instance, Yasser frequently leverages his transactional background to help clients solve complex transaction based disputes, business organization controversies, and derivative actions.
He is able to dissect complex corporate disputes from the perspective of a litigator and a transactional attorney—an asset from which many of his clients have benefited.
Yasser collaborates with his clients to proactively plan and develop strategies to protect their business.
An avid negotiator, Yasser uses his negotiation prowess to obtain favorable results for his clients in settlement proceedings and mediations. Yasser also understands that litigation sometimes cannot be avoided and is fully equipped to fight for his clients and to advance their positions in jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations.
As a native Nicaraguan, Yasser’s Latin American roots and fluency in Spanish have additionally enabled him to develop experience in representing Latin American clients in international and cross-border disputes.
- Represented international energy companies in complex, high-stakes litigation matters, including complicated transaction-based controversies, business organization disputes and derivative suits.
- Represented of Latin American and other international companies in cross-border litigation, arbitration and other disputes.
- Defended and prosecuted agency, underwriter and reinsurance disputes.
- Represented energy companies in toxic tort litigation involving personal injury and property damage claims.
- Managed large scale e-discovery projects in numerous complex, high-stakes domestic and international litigation matters.
- University of Houston Law Center, JD, 2002
- McMaster University, BSc, with Honors, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow – 2012
Rate : $$$$