Yaw Anim represents financial services, insurance, pharmaceutical, technology and other companies in a wide range of complex civil litigation and government investigations. Mr. Anim has defended clients in putative class action matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts around the United States involving insurance, antitrust and securities matters.
Mr. Anim also has represented clients in connection with investigations conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Representative matters include:
- successfully defending a financial services company in related antitrust suits brought by the Department of Justice and a class of plaintiffs;
- representing a technology company in connection with an SEC investigation into alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- defending an insurance company in a series of purported class action lawsuits alleging that the company failed to reimburse Medicare Advantage Organizations under the Medicare Secondary Payer Statute; and
- representing a pharmaceutical company in connection with an SEC investigation into internal accounting control issues.
Mr. Anim also has an active pro bono practice, which has included representation of clients seeking asylum and clients facing other immigration and housing issues.
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2010
- M.S.ED, City College of New York, 2007
- B.A., Yale College, 2005
- New York
Rate : $$$$