Yehudah Buchweitz is a partner in Weil’s Litigation Department, where his practice focuses on a wide spectrum of complex commercial litigation and arbitration. In 2015, Mr. Buchweitz was recognized as one of just five “MVPs” nationwide for Media & Entertainment by Law360, and since 2015 he has been annually named a “recommended” lawyer nationwide by Legal 500, including in the areas of General Commercial Disputes, Antitrust: Civil Litigation, Media & Entertainment and Sports.
In 2018, he was named a Life Sciences “Star” for non-IP litigation and enforcement by LMG Life Sciences, and a “Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation, after being named to that publication’s “Under 40 Hot List” for three consecutive years.
Mr. Buchweitz has handled a number of contract, First Amendment, right of publicity, antitrust, and copyright matters for clients in the media, sports, and entertainment industries. He also represents pharmaceutical and bio-tech companies as plaintiffs and defendants in international and domestic arbitrations and litigation regarding commercial practices and pricing, milestones, contracts, and partnerships.
More generally, Mr. Buchweitz counsels clients across the industry spectrum in connection with bankruptcy litigation, investment disputes, real estate disputes, judgment enforcement issues, and “business divorce” matters. He has represented clients through every phase of litigation.
- multiple television programmers in disputes with cable operators concerning the implications of significant cable operator acquisitions and mergers;
- a major cable network in connection with numerous high-profile disputes regarding the broadcast of professional boxing matches;
- a major television broadcaster in its successful early dismissal from a multi-district litigation relating to professional football programming;
- a sports radio station in a putative nationwide class action alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act;
- a radio broadcaster in connection with an arbitration regarding the creation of a national sports radio network;
- a multi-media rights organization in a contract dispute with a major state university.
Outside of his active practice, Mr. Buchweitz publishes and speaks on a wide variety of legal issues, including disputes concerning commercially reasonable efforts in pharmaceutical license and acquisition deals; right of publicity claims; early resolution of class actions; attachment and execution issues in New York State; hotel management and injunctive relief; electronic discovery; minimizing litigation risks in contract drafting; and managing pre-litigation disputes.
Additionally, for the past several years he has co-authored “Chapter 6: Marketing to Potential Corporate Clients” in Successful Partnering Between Inside and Outside Counsel (Thomson Reuters/Association of Corporate Counsel).
Rate : $$$$