Yelena E. Archiyan is an associate in the Bankruptcy and Reorganization Practice Group. She represents debtors, creditors, and other interested parties in commercial reorganizations, financial restructurings, liquidations, adversary proceedings, and cross-border insolvency proceedings.
Prior to joining Akerman, Yelena served as a judicial law clerk for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas. This experience gave her a unique opportunity to not only observe how judges consider and decide matters before them, but also play a key role in the decision-making process by recommending dispositions to the Court based upon her review and analysis of pleadings and motions submitted by counsel.
Yelena uses this experience to help guide clients through the judicial process. She also has experience in dispute resolution, particularly domestic litigation and international arbitration.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 2013, NYU Journal of International Law and Politics, Graduate Editor
- J.D., Michigan State University College of Law, 2012, magna cum laude, Michigan State International Law Review, Editorial Board
- B.S., Aquinas College, International Business and Political Science, 2008, magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : Illinois; Massachusetts; New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois
Professional Experience :
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Russell F. Nelms, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas, 2017-2018
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court, Member
- Armenian Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$$