Yoko Yamamoto is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a co-chair of the Japan Practice Group. Her practice is primarily concentrated in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith litigation.
Ms. Yamamoto provides counsel to domestic and international insurers in complex coverage issues arising under insurance policies, including commercial general liability, directors & officers, commercial property, professional liability, and environmental coverage. Her experience includes litigating complex insurance coverage matters for insurers in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitrations.
Ms. Yamamoto is frequently called upon to analyze coverage issues, including triggers of coverage, additional insured endorsements, priority of coverage, and anti-subrogation. Additionally, she regularly authors coverage opinions and coverage position letters. Ms. Yamamoto is fluent in Japanese and assists Lewis Brisbois’ Japanese clients.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Master of Laws, 2001
- University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law (Vancouver, Canada), Master of Laws, 2000
- University of Oregon, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 1996
- Ritsumeikan University (Kyoto, Japan), Bachelor of Laws, 1995
- State Bar Admissions, New York
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Japanese American Lawyers Network, Founding Member
- Ritsumeikan University Alumni Association of New York, Vice President
- Japanese American Association of New York, Board Member (2013-2015)
Rate : $$$$