Yvonne S. Lee’s practice focuses on the litigation and prosecution of patent matters involving various technologies, such as computer software and hardware, mobile devices, wireless communications, computer graphics, networked and distributed systems, power converters, mechanical devices and cybersecurity.
Ms. Lee has represented clients in patent infringement litigation in the United States federal courts. Her recent experience includes being part of teams that :
- obtained summary judgment of non-infringement and invalidity of patents relating to wireless transmission technology; and
- obtained a favorable settlement in a multi-defendant patent litigation in Eastern District of Texas.
With respect to patent prosecution, Ms. Lee has written and prosecuted applications in a wide range of technology areas, including distance learning, mobile analytics, copy data management, mobile network virtualization, cybersecurity systems, gear systems, fitness devices and lighting systems. Ms. Lee has also participated in inter partes review proceedings relating to financial services, computer graphics and data compression.
During law school, Ms. Lee served as a judicial extern to the Hon. Ojetta Rogeriee Thompson of the First Circuit Court of Appeals. She also clerked at an intellectual property advisory firm in Berkeley, California, where she assisted with valuation and assessment of IP assets.
Ms. Lee earned her bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the University of California, San Diego. Her undergraduate research focused on error correction coding and convolutional decoding algorithms.
From 2003 to 2010, Ms. Lee performed solo and chamber music throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. She maintained a private studio with students who were prizewinners in various competitions, including the top prizewinner in the Chopin International Piano Competition in the Czech Republic.
Ms. Lee is admitted to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office. She is also a member of the Boston Bar Association and Boston Patent Law Association.
- JD, University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 2013
- Graduate Diploma, Piano Performance, New England Conservatory of Music, 2006
- MM, Piano Performance, New England Conservatory of Music, 2005
- BA, Music, University of California at San Diego, 2003
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$