Z. Kathryn Branson’s practice has evolved through her successful defense of employers in litigation, arbitration, and before various administrative agencies throughout Nevada. She excels at collaborating with clients to understand their goals, and thinks and acts strategically to realize those goals in partnership with them.
Katy understands the effect that litigation has on clients’ business operations, and works hard to help clients navigate and manage the potential impact, including through attendant cost management.
In addition to litigation, she provides counsel in matters of employee attendance, discipline, performance and involuntary termination, and conducts investigations – both proactively and in conjunction with administrative charges and investigations.
During law school, Katy volunteered extensively for the underprivileged, including providing assistance and counsel to Spanish-speaking immigrants through the Nevada Immigration Resource Project, Human Trafficking Division, and to prisoners through the Nevada Department of Corrections. After law school, Katy has provided assistance and counsel to Spanish-speaking litigants through Legal Aid’s Pro Bono Project.
- J.D., University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Whitman College, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Nevada Fee Dispute Committee, January 2014-present
- Secretary, Labor and Employment Section, State Bar of Nevada, 2018-present
- Member, Labor and Employment Section, State Bar of Nevada, 2014-present
Rate : $$$