Zach Burnett is an associate in the Investment Management and Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Groups in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. Zach’s practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions, private equity investments, and corporate compliance and governance.
Zach regularly advises investment funds, and investment advisors with regards to the formation, organization and operation of both hedge funds and private equity funds and their compliance with applicable federal and state laws. Zach also represents clients across a broad range of industries in various corporate and securities matters, including the preparation of securities filings with the SEC, such as Schedule 13D, Schedule 13G, Form 13F and Form ADV.
Zach has experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Negotiating mergers and acquisitions of both assets and stock of privately held companies, including portfolio companies of private equity funds
- Structuring and forming business entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Assisting clients in general corporate matters
- Representing clients in private placements of securities
- Advising private equity and hedge funds in their compliance
Professional and Community Activities : State Bar of Texas
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2013, cum laude; Articles Editor, International Law Review Association
- B.A., University of Oklahoma, 2006, with distinction
ADMISSIONS : Texas
Rate : $$$$