The passion behind Zachary E. Bernard’s transactions practice runs as deep as the oil in Texas. From childhood memories made in courthouses investigating leases alongside his father, a third-generation member of an oil-and-gas family, to his pre-law school years spent in Texas fields scrutinizing instruments as a petroleum landman for exploration and production companies, Zachary has strong ties to the energy industry.
Today, his background merges with proven legal insight to facilitate a range of representation, including counseling E&P companies on resale securities, participating in leasehold acquisitions in the Permian basin, and providing support on commercial and upstream transactions.
- Involved in acquisition of offshore equipment provider for $20 million cash deal.
- Member of team that drafted and negotiated commercial agreements for the provision of goods and services to major exploration and production (E&P) companies worldwide.
- Represented Texas-based E&P company with respect to resale securities.
- Assists E&P companies with compliance on SEC matters.
- Assisted in mergers and acquisitions ventures by performing due diligence on target companies, providing support on the purchase agreement, and implementing integration procedures to enable efficient and successful legal functions.
- Member of team that maintained anti-corruption/compliance program for publicly traded global oilfield service provider.
Memberships : Association of Corporate Counsel
- Christ Church Cathedral
- Cathedral House Board (2018)
- Community Life Council (2015 to Jan. 2018)
- Headstrong Brain Injury Foundation: Board of Directors
- St. Francis Episcopal School: Dad’s Club (2017 to present)
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2010; Oil and Gas Law Society, Member
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 2007
Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$