Zachary H. Saltzman is an associate based in the New York office and a member of the Litigation Department. His practice focuses on International Arbitration and Commercial/Civil Litigation. Mr. Saltzman’s recent representations include international commercial disputes before the ICC International Court of Arbitration and the Netherlands Arbitration Institute.
Mr. Saltzman joined Debevoise in 2012. From 2013 to 2014, he clerked for the Hon. Chief Judge Carol B. Amon of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. Mr. Saltzman received a J.D. magna cum laude from The University of Michigan Law School in 2012 where he was an articles editor on the Michigan Law Review, a Darrow Scholar, and a member of the Order of the Coif. He received his B.A. summa cum laude in History and Economics from New York University in 2008 was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Between college and law school, Mr. Saltzman served as a paralegal in the Appellate Section of the United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
Mr. Saltzman is a member of the Bars of New York and New Jersey.
- A leading telecommunications and digital media company in an LCIA arbitration of a contractual dispute arising out of the purchase of assets in multiple jurisdictions, winning a complete victory on indemnification claims of over €139 million, defeating counterclaims of over €84 million, and obtaining a substantial costs award.
- NexBank as agent for lenders, Oaktree Capital Management, Centerbridge and Five Mile, in litigation to enforce guarantees with a Las Vegas real estate investment.
- Barrick Gold and seven of its current and former officers and directors in a securities class action arising from the development of a mining project in South America.
- A major insurance company seeking to enforce contract rights related to a $5 billion M&A transaction in an ICC arbitration.
- A U.S. apparel company in a Netherlands Arbitration Institute proceeding arising from the expiration of a distribution agreement.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2012, J.D.
- New York University, 2008, B.A.
- New Jersey
- New York
Rate : $$$$