Zachary D. Welsh is a transactional associate in the Real Estate, Environmental, and Land Use Practice Group in the firm’s San Francisco office. Mr. Welsh’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions, retail and office leasing, land use planning and entitlement procedures, federal and state natural resource permitting issues, and local regulatory and land use compliance.
He has assisted numerous corporations, small business owners, entrepreneurs, and developers of commercial, residential, office, and mixed use projects in connection with matters including purchase and sales agreements, leases and subleases, subdivisions, operational documents and agreements, conservation easements, title matters, and affordable housing, zoning and rent control compliance issues.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Welsh worked for six seasons in the Baseball Operations Department for the San Francisco Giants as a member of the home clubhouse staff. He has also worked as a legislative aide for Senator Dianne Feinstein in her Washington D.C. office.
- Represented developer in connection with the purchase, entitlement, development, financing and leasing of a 48 acre, 1.8 million square foot office campus in Sunnyvale, California, including a lease of approximately 350,00 square feet of office space to Amazon.com.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in subletting a 407,000 square-foot, three-building campus in South San Francisco, California.
- Represented developer in the purchase, entitlement, development and leasing to Google Inc. of a 612,000 square foot Class A LEED Platinum office campus project in Sunnyvale, California.
- Represented real estate investor in the purchase of real property in Sunnyvale, California on which client is building an 815,000 square foot campus site for Apple, Inc. Representation includes land use, construction and design, and financing issues in constructing the project.
- Represented public data storage company in the sale and partial leaseback with Google Inc. of eight buildings in Sunnyvale, California.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, (Boalt Hall), Executive Editor, California Law Review
- B.S., University of California, Davis, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Central, and Eastern Districts of California
Rate : $$$