Zahra J. Khosrovi Sowder is a counsel based in the New York office and is a member of the firm’s Finance Group. Ms. Sowder’s practice focuses on complex financing transactions, including leveraged acquisitions and investments, refinancings and mezzanine lending.
Ms. Sowder regularly advises the firm’s corporate and private equity clients on syndicated institutional loans, high-yield debt offerings and revolving credit facilities, and has extensive experience with asset-based loan facilities. She also advises the firm’s mezzanine investor clients on subordinated and second-lien investments and workouts.
Ms. Sowder’s publications include “Asset-Based Loan Facilities: Recent Market Trends Relating to Availability,” Westlaw Journal Bank & Lender Liability (June, 2014).
Ms. Sowder joined the firm as an associate in 2008. She received her J.D. in 2008 from UCLA School of Law, where she was editor-in-chief of the Women’s Law Journal, and her B.A. in Classics from Vassar College in 2002.
Ms. Sowder is a member of the Bar of New York.
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Manna Pro, a leading producer of nutritional supplements and other animal products, from The Carlyle Group.
- CVC Capital Partners in its investment in Republic Finance, a consumer loan provider.
- CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Private Equity, in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Progressive Employer Management Company.
- Booz Allen Hamilton, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group, in its $350 million offering of 5.125% senior notes due 2025.
- UCI in its up to $125 million senior secured asset-based revolving credit facility.
- Lannett in the financing aspects of its acquisition for $1.23 billion in cash, plus additional contingent consideration, of Kremers Urban Pharmaceuticals, the U.S. specialty generic pharmaceuticals subsidiary of global biopharmaceuticals company UCB.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- CHC Group in its $145 million asset-based loan financing.
- Stone Point Capital in its significant equity investment in specialty insurance broker Alliant Insurance Services, with KKR retaining a significant equity investment in the business.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its acquisition of up to a 49% stake in NYSE-listed CHC Group, the world’s largest commercial helicopter operator with an enterprise value of $1.9 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its acquisition of a 60% stake in John Deere Landscapes, a unit of Deere & Company’s Agriculture & Turf segment, in a transaction valued at $465 million.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its $1.05 billion acquisition of David’s Bridal.
- Booz Allen Hamilton, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group, in its $2.25 billion leveraged recapitalization.
- University of California at Los Angeles, School of Law, 2008, J.D.
- Vassar College, 2002, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$