Zarra R. Elias focuses her practice on labor and employment and commercial litigation. She represents employers, businesses, and professional employer organizations in employment law cases before the federal and state courts, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and other local, state, and federal agencies.
She also advises employers on day-to-day human resources matters and employment issues; conducts supervisor training, investigations, and audits; and drafts employment agreements, handbooks, policies, and procedures.
Additionally, Zarra has experience litigating commercial disputes, including those related to non-competition agreements, breach of contract, and unfair business practices.
Zarra currently serves as the president of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Tampa Bay and a board member of the Tampa Bay International Business Council. She is fluent in Chinese and Tagalog.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2010
- B.A., University of South Florida, 2006, summa cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Tampa Bay International Business Council, Board Member
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Tampa Bay, President-Elect
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Bar Leadership Institute, Chair 2016-2017; Class Leader, 2015-2016
- The Florida Bar Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Member
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers, Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Member
- Pilipino-American Association of Tampa, Member
- Mediators Beyond Borders International, Past Board Member, 2008-2012
Rate : $$$$