Zhun Lu, Ph.D. advises clients on a broad range of intellectual property and business matters. He represents clients in patent counseling, opinions, litigation and prosecution primarily in the areas of biotech, biomedical, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, telecommunications, computers, automobile diagnostic tools, and semiconductors. Zhun is the Senior Director for Greater China Practice at the firm.
Zhun is experienced in corporate matters relating to Delaware business entities, governance, compliance, restructuring, IP management, technology transfer and licensing, multinational brand protection, IPO and M&A due diligence, commercial dealings, employment, and US antitrust class action litigation.
For over 10 years, Zhun has been working with Greater China-based companies entering the United States and helping them to expand and sustain their business interests, often acting as their outside general counsel. He also helps American and other international companies operating and doing business in the Greater China marketplace.
He is an honorary member of the Chinese Intellectual Property Society and has been a frequent lecturer at law firms, universities, companies and conferences in China, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
Zhun is currently serving as representative for the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) to the SIPO/U.S. Bar Liaison Council after serving as Co-Chair of AIPLA’s IP Practice in China Committee for two years.
His unique background and experience enables him to help international clients with their intellectual property protection needs and business operations in the United States and the Greater China region.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Zhun worked as a research scientist at the Yale School of Medicine and as an intern for the Honorable Peter Dorsey, former chief judge of the Federal District Court for the District of Connecticut.
- PatentMarks Communications, LLC v. ZTE (USA), Inc., Civ. No. 14-1001-LPS (D. Del.)
- Straight Path IP Group, Inc. v. ZTE Corp and ZTE (USA), Inc., Civ. No. 13-cv-607-MHS-KNM (E.D. Tex.)
- Golden Bridge Tech. Inc. v. ZTE, et al., Civ. No. 12-482 (D. Del.)
- Golden Bridge Technology Inc. v. Apple Inc., et al., Civ. No. 5:12-cv-04882 (N.D. Cal.)
- Heraeus Electro-Nite Co. v. Vesuvius USA Corp., Civ. No. 2:09-cv-02417 (E. D. Pen.) Including concurrent Reexamination proceedings in the USPTO
- Winvic Sales, Inc. v. ValueVision Media, Inc., Civ. No. 1:09-cv-07807 (N. D. Ill.) Including concurrent Reexamination proceedings in the USPTO
- Ford Motor Co. v. Autel.US. Inc. and Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd., Civ. No. 14-13760-TGB-MJH (E.D. Mich.)
- In re: Optical Disk Drive Antitrust Litigation, Civ. No. 10-md-2143-VRW (N.D. Cal.)
- Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd., v. Bosch Automotive Service Solutions LLC, IPR2014-00183.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., 2002, cum laude
- Auburn University, Ph.D.
- Huazhong University of Agriculture, B.S.
- Huazhong University of Agriculture, M.S.
Bar Admissions : Delaware, New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Rate : $$$