Ziyan “Frank” Xue is an associate in Baker Donelson’s Nashville office where he is a member of the Commercial Transactions and Business Counseling Group and the Global Business Team. Frank assists Chinese clients in connection with the foreign direct investments, merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital, as well as corporate structuring and governance, commercial contracts, labor and employment, immigration and non-profit matters in the United States.
He also advises Chinese companies that are contemplating pursuing a U.S. strategy, as well as those companies that are currently doing business in the U.S. or with U.S.-based businesses.
He works with a variety of U.S.-based companies in connection with their business activities in China, including but not limited to the joint venture structuring and documentation, negotiation and drafting of sales, distribution, manufacturing, and agency agreements, intellectual property protection and technology transfer, foreign exchange control, and Chinese regulatory and approval matters.
Frank also assists with anti-corruption investigations and compliance as well as CFIUS filings and export and sanction compliance research. Before joining Baker Donelson, Frank worked in a law firm in Shanghai, China. Frank is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese.
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D.
- East China University of Political Science and Law, Bachelor of Laws
- East China Normal University, B.A. in Economics
- City University of Hong Kong, School of Law, Common Law Certificate
- District of Columbia
- Represented a Chinese heavy equipment parts company in connection with its foreign direct investment in the United States.
- Represented a major Chinese manufacturing company in connection with its operations in the United States, including commercial contracts, immigration, labor and employment, and business compliance matters.
- Represented a U.S. health care company in connection with the drafting of a services agreement a with Chinese health care company and Chinese hospital.
- Represented a U.S. company in connection with negotiation and drafting of manufacturing agreement with a major Chinese manufacturing company.
- Served as counsel to several U.S. small and medium-sized enterprises in connection with intellectual property protection strategies in China.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member − District of Columbia, Tennessee, Nashville and American Bar Associations
- Board Member − Greater Nashville Chinese Association
- Member − Tennessee Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Co-founder and Member − Tennessee Immigrant and Minority Business Group
Rate : $$$$