With over 21 years of experience, Amy Moor Gaylord focuses her practice on traditional labor matters and employment litigation for both public and private sector employers with an emphasis on National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) proceedings, union organizing drives, NLRB-conducted elections, arbitration cases, contract negotiations, and employment discrimination matters.
She has experience counseling clients in various industries, including higher education, not-for-profit, public safety (fire/rescue, police, 911 emergency dispatch centers), hospitality, and entertainment, among others.
Amy has served as lead negotiator in hundreds of collective bargaining negotiations in both the public and private sectors. She frequently represents employers in state and federal court, including class action and TRO/preliminary injunction proceedings, in arbitrations, and before administrative agencies.
In addition, she counsels clients regarding union avoidance, workplace harassment, and compliance with a variety of employment-related statutes, including Title VII, the NLRA, the ADEA, the ADA, the FMLA, and the FLSA. Amy previously worked as an attorney with the National Labor Relations Board in Peoria, Illinois.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 1997, with honors
- B.A., Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, 1994, Judge William B. Groat Scholar for Outstanding Student in Industrial and Labor Relations
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois – Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- Labor and Employment Relations Association, Chicago Chapter, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment Law, Member 1999 – present; Labor and Employment Law Newsletter, Management Chair; ABA Leadership Development Program, Class of 2011
- American Bar Association, Committee on the Development of the Law under the NLRA, Management Membership Chair; Developing Labor Law, Primary Editor, Chapter 16, Subjects of Bargaining, Editorial Board
- Chicago Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Member
- National Public Employer Labor Relations Association, Member
- Illinois Public Employer Labor Relations Association, Member
- National Association of College and University Attorneys, Member
Professional Experience :
- National Labor Relations Board, Peoria, IL, Attorney, 1997-1998
Rate : $$$