Benedene Cannata has been affiliated with The Flomenhaft Law Firm since 2010. She is in charge of the firm’s appeals, motion papers, and legal memoranda and has appellate experience in all four New York appellate divisions.
She has vast experience in personal injury cases stemming from premises liability, construction law, motor-vehicle accidents, as well as medical and legal malpractice.
The plaintiffs in many of these cases suffered catastrophic injury, such as traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, quadriplegia, and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome also known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.
Ms. Cannata is a dedicated member of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers. She has served on the Academy’s Board of Directors, and has written monthly reviews of appellate division decisions for both the First and Fourth Departments
In 2008, she became a Dean of the Academy and in that capacity has presented more than 35 Continuing Legal Education courses on various subjects relating to personal injury practice, including evidence, discovery. expert witnesses, appeals, and legal writing. Her course “Physicians and Their Records at Trial” has been presented more than sixteen times, including at the 2015 Court of Claims Justices conference in Lake Placid.
Ms. Cannata has presented Continuing Legal Education courses for the Monroe County Bar Association, the New York City Bar, and the New York State Bar Association. In November 2014 she moderated a panel entitled “The Admissibility of Neuroscientific Evidence in the Courtroom” as part of the Neuroscience in the Courtroom education course presented at Fordham Law School. She is a graduate of Colgate University and New York Law School.
ADMISSION TO PRACTICE:
- New York
- United States District Court: Southern District of New York
- United States District Court: Eastern District of New York
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND ORGANIZATIONS:
- Charter Member and Dean, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Academy of Justice
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Past Member, Nassau County Bar Association
- Past Member, Medical Malpractice Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Rate : $$$